CITIZEN� CHARTER OF RNI
Every citizen publishing, or intending to publish, a newspaper or a periodical, avails the services of the Office of the Registrar of Newspapers for India (RNI). ["Newspaper" means any printed periodical work containing public news or comments on public news.] This Charter is a commitment of RNI to provide to every such person courteous and prompt service in the transparent, equitable and accountable manner.
The following services are provided by RNI:
1. Title verification�
2. Registration of newspapers�
3. Issue of revised/duplicate certificates
4. Verification of circulation claims
5. Issue of entitlement certificate for procurement of indigenous newsprint for small/medium newspapers
6. Authentication of Certificate of Registration for import of newsprint.
7. Issue of essentiality certificate for import of printing machinery/material. Every request for a service shall be acknowledged within seven days of its receipt in the office of RNI.
Receipt of "Ceasing Declarations and Annual Statements will also be acknowledged within the same time limit. Except Registration of a newspaper and verification of circulation claims, all other services shall be provided by RNI within 15 days of receipt of application. With respect to Registration and verification of circulation claims, the time limit shall be 30 days.
In case RNI is not in a position to provide the services within the time limits prescribed a reply indicating reasons therefor shall be given within 15 days of receipt of a request. Every office of RNI will display prominently in its reception area the particulars of officers responsible for various services including redressal of grievances and the time when the public can meet them.
All grievances will be acknowledged within seven days of receipt in RNI. Substantive replies to each grievance will be given within 30 days of its receipt.� RNI is always welcome to suggestions for improvement of its services. Suggestions can be sent to the Grievance Officer or dropped in the Suggestion Boxes kept in Reception Areas of its offices.